Lately I've realized that we've been concentrating very hard on the academic side of education. That's great. But I do want to include a few more practical living skills. So, what we are going to do is this: teach each child (besides the baby) to cook two meals, and each week they will do that until they have mastered those two. Then they get two more.
Sunny the Teenage Wonder is already quite a capable cook, but would like to expand her skills. We'll be having chicken a l'orange for a few weeks, it looks like. Ivanhoe, my knight in shining armor is eight and will do well with pigs in a blanket.
I think it will be fun. And give me a few nights off dinner duty! If I can ever figure out how to put pictures on here then I'll post some.
In addition to that Sunny will be honing her photography skills. I'm not sure what to have Ivanhoe do besides swordfight constantly, maybe drawing lessons from our Draw Squad book.
Wish me luck!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is wonderful to have children working in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Mrs. White